Monday, April 11, 2011

Namaste!

       "RELAX! This one is for you work-o-holics out there. Yes, work is very important and productive, but you need to take some time to chill out everyday or you are going to burn out faster than a candle with no oxygen. Additionally, you need to reward yourself for a job well done. What's the use of doing all that work if you can't have a little fun from time to time?"


     I have to tell myself to relax quite a few times a day (ask my fiance . . . he has to tell me that all the time, too). It's so easy to worry and stress out about things in life, but just remember--those problems are not as important as the damage the stress is doing to your body! "Repeated activation of the stress response takes a toll on the body, contributing to high blood pressure, the development of artery-clogging plaque, and brain changes that may contribute to anxiety, depression, and addiction." Who wants that?!
      There's no better way to relax and exercise at the same time than to practice yoga. Yoga has been a passion of mine for the past few years of my life. It is a calming, strengthening, amazing practice that I'm so glad I started! It's not only relaxing; it tones your muscles, too! If you have never practiced yoga before, I really encourage you to try it! I promise, it's life changing!

           Some of my favorite poses:

Vrksasana
(aka: tree pose)


Natarajasana
(aka: Dancer pose)

Virabhadrasana II
(aka: Warrior II Pose)

Have a happy, RELAXED week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment